How to Install?
jDownloads exists in different versions for Joomla 1.5.x, Joomla 2.5.x and Joomla 3.0.x.
|Corresponding jDownloads version:||1.8.1||1.9.1 or 2.5||3.0|
- PHP 5.0 +
- MySQL 4.1 +
- Joomla 1.5.4 + or newer
Installing jDownloads is pretty straight forward
- Navigate to the Joomla Extensions Installer in your Joomla administration and select the jDownloads component package for installation.
- When the installation process is ended, you get an installation results message. When you see here a error, please read the chapter about 'Troubleshooting' in this documentation. But first try the alternate installation method below.
When you see an error during installation, it is highly recommended to try to Install from directory:
- Download the latest jDownloads version and unpack all jDownloads files to a folder on your pc.
- Using FTP to upload this directory to the /tmp directory of your Joomla installation on the server.
- Go afterwards back again to the extensions installer in the Joomla administration and use now the Install from Directory option to set the directory of your uploaded jDownloads files.
- Click on the Install button and Joomla will install it from the given directory.
After installing continue with the initial configuration
- Adjust the configuration parameters to your needs.
- Check the folder for the uploaded files. Default: YOUR_JOOMLA_ROOT/jdownloads.
- Create your download categories structure before you create a first download and upload a file.
- jDownloads needs at least one menu item to work properly. Create a menu item for jDownloads in the menu manager and pointing it to the jDownloads component. Use as Type: 'All Categories'.
|Next: How to Update?|