How to Update?
When you will update to a newer version:
- First of all, it is recommended to make a backup from the database!
- Have you changed the jDownloads language files, make a backup from the files!
- Have you changed the jDownloads css file, make a backup from the file!
- It is not necessary to uninstall the older release!
- Navigate to the Joomla installer and select directly the new jDownloads component package for installation.
- Adjust your jDownloads configuration afterwards.
Important: It is not possible to update directly from a very old version to the last release. When you has as example installed the jDownloads v1.4, you must update it step by step. This meant, that you must update v1.4 to v1.5, then v1.5 to v1.6 and so on. You will find this older releases in the downloads archive category.
|Prev: How to Install?||Next: How to Delete?|