Turn On Joomla! debug
Sometimes it is helpful to use the Joomla! debugging system.
Sometimes a PHP or SQL error may be stopping jDownloads from working correctly on your site, an error message may or may not be shown. There are many possible causes including interaction with other extensions. One way that sometimes helps is to turn on Joomla! debugging temporarily.
There are two steps in turning Joomla debugging on:
- Select Joomla! Global Configuration and then the System Tab:
- set Debug System to Yes as shown opposite. If it is a Language based problem then also set Debug Language to Yes;
- make sure Joomla! caching is turned off.
- Next click on the Server tab as shown:
- Ensure Gzip Compreession is Off;
- Select Maximum Error Reporting
Now try the front end again. This may show an error or warning message from the database or a PHP error as illustrated below.
Make a screenshot from this error page (or copy the text) and post it in the support forum to seek help.
If you do not see you any error messages (PHP or SQL),it may be that your hosting service has deactivated error reporting in your server settings. You contact you hosting service and request they turn it on.
When you have posted in the forum please remember to deactivate ALL the debugging setup. Leaving them on will slow your site down and confuse your users.
|An example of some PHP warnings|
|A database error (simulated)|
|This appears on each page, usually at the bottom|
Colin Mercer December 2014